Founded in 1912 –
The Local Firm You Can Trust
The positive reputation the firm has built in the region is the result of a long history of hard-work, dedication and community engagement:
- Originally founded by George G. Albery in 1912, the firm was present at a time of early growth in Meaford and surrounding areas.
- In 1936, George Albery formed a partnership in law with Colin Bennett, who later became Chief Judge of Grey County and District Courts for Ontario.
- In 1949, Ian McKay joined the firm, and continued as sole practitioner following Colin Bennett’s appointment as Judge.
- In 1964, D. Grant Scheifele and Ian McKay formed a partnership in law and carried on the work of providing quality legal services to the residents of Meaford and beyond.
- In 1982, Ian McKay was appointed Judge to the Court of Bruce County, and later became Judge of the Superior Court of Justice.
- In 1982, J.C. (Joe) Erskine joins Grant Scheifele in partnership.
- In 1983 Brian H. Renken joins the firm as an associate lawyer.
- In 1988, Brian H. Renken joins the partnership, adding his name to the firm shingle.
- Following the retirements of both Joe Erskine and Grant Scheifele in the 2000s, Brian Renken has carried on the firm’s good name and reputation, adding several qualified associates along the way, with Gavin H. Leitch joining in 2014 and Kayla B. Renken in 2015.
Our firm was founded to serve the communities and residents of Southern Georgian Bay and we are proud to carry-on that purpose with a dedication to quality, respect and community engagement. With such reputable legal minds as Judge Colin Bennett and Justice Ian McKay in our past, we strive to carry forward the reputation that precedes us by committing ourselves to ethical, candid and result-driven legal services. For an initial consultation on your case, call our law office today.
39 Nelson St. W. P.O. Box 3395,
Meaford, ON, N4L 1N2
Call Now: 519-538-2510
41 Bruce St. S.
Thornbury, ON, N0H 2P0
MONDAY – FRIDAY 09:00 AM – 05:00 PM
SATURDAY – SUNDAY Closed
- Owen Sound
- Surrounding areas within Simcoe, Grey and Bruce Counties.